Saturday, February 28, 2009

Surgery Went Well.....

So as I posted in my last blog I had surgery on Friday.
I got in at 1:15 and was in there for about 1.5 hours. It went well as he said it would. They were able to remove the lump that was there. Apparently the tendon was rubbing against that and my nerve which was causing my pain.
He fixed the tendon as it was torn/frayed. He separated the tendon from the nerve and took some vein from the other side of my wrist and cushioned the tendon and nerve with that. It is a painful process, but I'm healing nicely. I'm on some pain meds and ibuprofen.
I am in a splint until the 12th of March. I will go in for a 2 week follow up.
I must say that the only pain I'm feeling right now is incision pain. Nothing like I felt before the surgery which is a good sign.
Thank you all for your prayers!

No comments: