Yep....that's right...on Friday March 27th I will be undergoing yet another surgery. Story of my life.
I went in today to see Dr. Maurus who is a foot and ankle specialist. We sat and talked...he poked and pulled at my foot as I tried very hard not to kick him because it hurt like crazy. He then decided we needed to do an x-ray. So I of course wasn't going to argue that fact...I understood and not like it will cost me much of anything...LOL.
Anyway, he did the x-ray and came back, he said that the gap is actually WORSE than it was back in January! I wasn't too surprised since I had been walking on it for the last two months.
So, on the 27th he will go in and have to bone graft from the tibia just below my knee and then put in some screws and possibly a plate. I will have to be immobile for about 6 weeks! I have no idea what I am going to do, but I will figure it out. I always do.....I don't care if I have to use a motorized wheelchair, I will get around!
I'm just glad that we are finally getting somewhere with this and I am hoping and praying that this will work. He said more than likely it will so I'm not too worried.
I don't know the time yet as they call 3 days prior to the surgery to give you that information.
No comments:
Post a Comment