Sunday, April 12, 2009

Our Easter!

Easter was pretty bland this year as I had just had a surgery. Unable to do much with not being able to walk put a damper on it.

Fortunately we were able to have Jacalyn, Ben and Daniel down for a visit that weekend.
Saturday we (when I say we I mean I watched while Paul and Jacalyn helped the kids) hid eggs for the kiddos to hunt for. There were A TON of them. Unfortunately though I had forgotten my camera at my grandparents so I wasn't able to get pictures :-( The kids had a blast, but of course we hid the candy after supper so they wouldn't get a MAJOR sugar high.

Sunday morning Jacalyn and her kiddos headed home. Paul, the kids and I went to church Sunday morning. It was a wonderful service. It was a lot different from past services we have been to. We had communion which is something we have ALWAYS done Easter Sunday. But you could get communion then go through the "tunnel". The tunnel was like a tomb. They had a cross hanging on the wall by the door that you would walk under and on the wall there were pieces of paper you could write down anything that was bothering you. Anything you wanted to meditate on. You could do it that way or go through and then get communion. Crutches and a broken ankle weren't stopping me. It was wonderful!

After church we went to my grandparents for Easter dinner. It was yummy. Roast Beef, twice baked potatoes, green beans, rolls, deviled eggs, the whole works! We stayed there until a little after lunch and then came back home before heading back there for the week.

We had a great time. The kids spent time with their Great Great Grandma B. and others.

Here are some pictures....ENJOY!


Hannah on Easter Sunday
Katelinn on Easter Sunday (best picture I could get, she was on the move)



Kaleb's First Easter

No comments: