Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Random Post

For the longest time I can NOT remember our Springs EVER being this rainy and cold. Here it is the 28th of April and its 50 degrees outside.
We got rain all weekend long. Made for a boring weekend for the girls as they wanted to be outside so much. Katelinn is my HUGE outside girl. If she can't go outside when SHE wants to then there is trouble.

Saturday night we went out for Andrew's (sister's fiance) birthday. It was a good meal! Olive Garden, something I had been longing for so it was perfect timing....LOL. After supper Paul took me to meet up with them at the Casino. Now, for all of you reading this, I am NOT a huge casino person.....I live 10 miles from the place and I have been there MAYBE 3 times in the 3 years its been open....maybe a little more than that, but I have NO desire to ever go. We were at the casino for about 30 minutes maybe.....then we decided to hit up the Icehouse there in town. I had never been there so it was all new to me.
The Icehouse is a bar & grill that Paul and the guys he works with (Duwa's) put the basement under. I came to the conclusion after leaving there though that I won't be going there too often if ever again. It was just too weird going to a bar were 3/4 of the people I knew I went to school with or taught me! That is just weird to me.
Anyhow, we had a great time...Paul stayed home with the kids and told me to go out and have a good time....was hard without him, but it was nice to get away.
I was home by 11:30....of course it started to DOWNPOUR. I was soaked from the car to the door since I can't run....darn ankle.
Hannah had woke up in the middle of the night and started having a major coughing fit.....this was about 3:45 a.m. wouldn't you know it, 15 minutes later we lost power! Hannah started freaking out (hates the dark) and Kaleb immediately woke up because it was too quiet (has to have white noise). We tried to get some sleep, but with Hannah coughing like crazy and Kaleb not liking the fact it was quiet in the house it didn't get accomplished.
Finally about 6:30 I called the electric company.....wouldn't you know their response to "When do you think we will have power back?" was "Crews just got to the site, don't know the cause of the outage and it will be about 2 hours."
Ok, WAIT A MINUTE! Power went out 2.5 hours ago and they are JUST NOW showing up to find the problem!? I have a 3 1/2 year old child that needs her nebulizer which requires electricity and they wait 2.5 hours to show up to fix the problem!? I was livid. Needless to say I hung up I was so mad.
7:30 a.m. our power was back on.

In all the years I lived in Wellman I NEVER had this many outages. We have lived here for a little over a year and we have lost power at least 6 times. That is totally ridiculous.

Anyhow.........Hannah is doing much better, still has a small cough but nothing major. Katelinn is doing great! She's growing up so darn fast (they all are) and has her surgery in 13 days. Kaleb has found his voice and will scream. He is mad at mommy a lot because he doesn't want me to put him down for a nap....sorry buddy I can't hold you all day! Doesn't work that way.

Next Wednesday I go back in for my ankle and hopefully I will be given the all clear to walk again. I am super ready! I'm going insane here. My house is a disaster....I can't go anywhere and spend time with the kids and I'm just distraught. Only a week to go is all I keep telling myself.

Paul is still waiting to hear back from the other job. When he called last week the main office said they wanted more interviews for the position. He said they should know by this week or next. He is really wanting to get out of concrete, but of course the boss man is NOT liking the fact he is even looking.

Sorry if the post seems everywhere, but I am bored at home....Kaleb is napping and the girls spend the day with Nana since I can't care for all 3 alone quite yet.

Hope everyone's week is going well!

No comments: