Saturday, April 18, 2009

This Is What 5 Days of No Poo Will Do To Yours!

Ok, so when a baby is first born they say "They can go up to 10 days without pooping." The thought that runs through my mind is, "OMG, are you kidding me!?" I would be in so much agony if I couldn't poo for 10 days.

Well, unfortunately for us, Kaleb hadn't pooed in 5 days come Easter Sunday....that's right 5 days. I talked to his doc and she said, "Unless he is acting uncomfortable from it don't give him anything." I thought, "Well that makes sense, but doesn't in a way." Come Saturday night he was starting to act rather uncomfortable so we gave him some gas drops to help him with some of the pain.

On Sunday we got the biggest surprise! Paul took Kaleb out of his carseat and realized he had a "wet" feeling to him. He lifted up his shirt and sure enough he had pooed. HOWEVER, it was down his leg as well! That's right....all down his leg too....his whole leg. The poor kid HAD to feel better and had to have been like 2 lbs. lighter than he was the day before. I never knew that a kid could poo so much in my life! I have NEVER had a child go that long before so this was all new to me. Needless to say he got put into the tub after we were able to get the clothes and things off VERY carefully.

WARNING: PICTURE CONTAINS POO...DO NOT LOOK IF YOU HAVE A QUEASY TUMMY!




No comments: