Thursday, June 11, 2009

Ankle Update

So yesterday I had another check up on my right ankle. It is healing nicely. I have some bouts here and there of pain, but that is more so when the weather is changing.
He put me in an air splint to wear mostly when I am doing a bunch of walking. That will help with it becoming more and more stabilized.
He wants me to go back in 6 weeks and then he will take more x-rays to be sure all the hardware is where it is supposed to be.

I was informed though that it will take AT LEAST another 3 to 6 months AFTER the 6 weeks before I can do any other things. He said I may never be able to run again though.

I am to this day still scared to death to step outside my house in fear that it will happen to my other ankle so we are in the process of getting that fixed. Paul has gotten some things from work to break it up and reset it so we can put new concrete in there. Hopefully we can use REAL concrete instead of that quick crete stuff, but we will see. It all depends on how much OVER they are on a wall or something at some point.

Anyway, that is my update. Thought I would share for those who might be wondering.

No comments: