Well, one of these days when I write a blog it won't be about injuries or surgeries or something when it comes to me.
Unfortunately things for me aren't going so hot right now. On Monday morning I woke up feeling kind of blah. Didn't feel well at all. Kind of like the feeling you get just before you go into labor or something. As the day went on I started getting worse. I was getting pains in my stomach. I figured I was getting the virus that has been going around here. I never got sick and I never ran a fever.
As the night went on I started doing some research on where my pains were. Everything pointed to a gall bladder attack. I, of course, am stubborn and refused to go in. I'm tired of going to the doctor and getting a bunch of crap for it, tired of going in period. So I went to bed. I didn't sleep much at all, but I wasn't going in.
Tuesday morning I woke up and it was MUCH worse. I could hardly move...just to walk to the living room was painful. I finally told my mom what was going on and she got me into the doctor. They said, "Get her up here ASAP." So I loaded up the kiddos and we headed up. They drew blood and sent me to the hospital for a CT Scan. They were checking for appendicitis. Oh joy! Just what I don't need.
The CT Scan was done and it showed....................gall stones.............that's right..........what I thought I was having, I was. I was having a gall bladder attack. Let me tell you folks, it is NO picnic. It is absolutely painful. Of course my doc said to take my pain meds and if I wasn't better by Friday to call and let her know and they'd get me in to see a surgeon.
Well, yesterday morning I woke up and I still wasn't better, the pain meds weren't working and I had just had it. I called my doctor and she said to go straight to the ER to get the ball rolling. I wasn't quite sure what ball she was referring to so I didn't get my hopes up for much. I got to the ER and my BP was low. I was in that much pain....sometimes my BP goes high, others it goes low.
They took me to a room and got an IV started so they could draw blood. They started giving me Toradol for pain and Zofran for the nausea. The Zofran helped right away, but the Toradol didn't. They finally gave me some Demerol....that didn't help much either so they just kept giving it to me until they couldn't anymore. I had an ultrasound done as well. The ultrasound didn't show the stones blocking anything so they said, "We will get your pain under control and send you home." I was absolutely appalled. I'd been in there just to get pain under control? What happens if I go home and it starts up again!? I was furious.
The ER doc tried telling me that my pain isn't from my stones, its from constipation. WHAT!? Are you kidding me!? I think I know the difference....I think I'd know if I was. They basically just drugged me up and shoved me out. I was so mad.
I can't get into the surgeon until July 7th, but apparently they felt that my stones weren't blocking anything so they aren't urgent. If they get a cancellation they will call me and get me in sooner.
I'm just furious......you try and tell me its something else when it clearly isn't that causing my pain! They just didn't want to deal with me anymore.
This is going into a whole different thing now...............
I feel that I have been discriminated against. I may be wrong, but the reason I feel this way is because just recently we switched our health care. Our health insurance is now through a company that this particular hospital doesn't like to deal with much. It makes me angry. You know how you watch movies or shows and the people don't get the care they need/deserve because they either don't have insurance or they have insurance that the docs/hospital don't like!? Yeah, I felt EXACTLY how those people did on the TV. It does happen and whether they want to admit it or not, I truly believe that's what it came down to. "Oh, I'm sorry you have to get out of here because we just don't want to deal with your insurance company if you need surgery or something else."
Anyway, my ranting is over.
I will update more when I know more, but for now I stay at home all drugged up on my pain meds and doing pretty much nothing. I can't function because I'm in so much pain. NO ONE deserves to go through this...........July 7th needs to get here QUICKLY!
No comments:
Post a Comment