"You don't know what you got til its gone." That has been the biggest truth for us for the last 4 1/2 days.
As you remember Thursday night around 11:30 we had to shut off our water because we had a water leak. Well, Friday morning the "manager" came about 9:15 a.m. and said he knew the parts he needed and he would be back. Hours and hours went by and when we left home at 3:45 p.m. to head to WI he still hadn't shown up. I was livid. That's putting it nicely. I don't think I've ever said so many bad words and called people so many bad names in my life.
On Saturday I sent him a text asking him if he got in to fix the pipe because we were coming home Sunday afternoon. He said that all the keys our landlord gave him didn't work for our house. I wasn't quite sure how to respond to that, so I left it alone. We headed home Sunday morning. As soon as we were 30 minutes away I called him to let him know. I figured if I called he would at least attempt to be here when we got here, ready to go. Nope, I had to go get him and he still needed a 30 minute window so he could feed his daughter, which I understood. Gotta feed your child, but couldn't you have started that when I called!? Oh well....moving on.
He comes over about 5 or so and starts to work on it, finds out that he is missing a part. Of course its a holiday, a Sunday and hardly anything is open or if it is, it closes VERY soon. He calls the store, they said they were open until 7. Cool! Light at the end of the tunnel right!? Nope. He gets back with this part, takes it out of the bag and its BROKEN! He was mad because he drove all the way there and everything to find it broken.
Fast forward to this morning. We went to breakfast with my grandparents and I left the door open so he could come in and fix it after he got the part. We come home from breakfast and notice he was leaving again. What do we hear? "I need another part, I turned the water on and it sprayed EVERYWHERE." Great! Ok, so a few more hours. FINALLY about 11 this morning WE GOT WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You never realize how much you use water until you can't use the darn stuff. I am able to get my laundry done, we were able to run the dishwasher, we can now flush the toilets and best of all we can cook and shower!!! One minor thing from the spraying is that our floor is SOAKED in our room, but the fan is running on it and soon will be dry :-)
I'm VERY thankful we have water, can you tell? Now I just need to get energy so I can mop the darn kitchen and bathroom. All the dust from all the dryness. Its been crazy. I can sleep well tonight knowing we have water and we can shower, eat and clean :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment