Sunday, August 8, 2010

No Matter..............

In these days and ages it doesn't matter how hard you try, no matter how hard you work, people will NEVER be happy with decisions you make.  You could try and be a perfect little angel and work around everyone/everything, but in the end, all you do is end up stressed out and left with NO friends. 

I have planned Kaleb's birthday party for next month.  However, I just found out it conflicts with another party in the family on Paul's side.  I was never given a specific date.  Yes, at first I was told when it was, but then I heard it was the weekend before, then I heard it was the weekend after.  How is a person supposed to plan around things like that!?

I decided to plan Kaleb's party for that weekend for a number of reasons (not realizing I was going to basically be "chastised" for it).  1. Its one of the 2 weekends MY father has off from work, the other weekend he has off there is something already taking up that weekend.  EVERY TIME I have planned a birthday party for my kids my dad has ended up missing it or having to rush around because he has/had to work.  He's a BIG part of my childrens' lives and he deserves to be there.  2. It's closer to his birthday because I've decided to have Hannah and Kaleb's parties separate this year for a number of reasons, I will get to those later.  3. I want to be able to do it outside, that early in September we have a good chance of the weather being decent.

Now I'm getting nothing but absolute crap/grief, whatever you want to call it because I planned a damn party that weekend.  It's ridiculous.  It doesn't matter when I plan it, someone is ALWAYS complaining and then the people that complain about it, I change it for, end up never showing up anyway.  I bust my butt every day trying to please people.  Whether it be family, friends, strangers, whatever the case.  Guess what?  I'm done......I'm sick of being such a nice person.  I will continue to help those that need it, but I'm not going to let people criticize me for holding my son's birthday party when I want to hold it.

That brings another thing.  Why complain about it if you basically intend on not showing up anyway?  That's the way I feel.  I plan things, I try my hardest to plan it so that extended friends/family can come too and then they never show up.............I decided this year that if people show up they do, if they don't, oh well.....my kids' birthdays' are something I find VERY important.
My husband says, "We don't have to have a party every year."  Guess, what..........You might feel that way, but I sure don't.  I'm going to celebrate my children and their lives EVERY single year.  You never know what can happen, every year to me is a blessing I have.  Every year my children get older, it brings me closer to them.  My children deserve to have a day JUST for them.  If you don't like it, don't be a part of it.......

I'm sorry if people find this VERY harsh, but this is how I feel and I have to get it out before I burst.  It's not just about conflict in scheduling, its about the fact that NO ONE considers my feelings.  I try my best to spend time with everyone, but yet, when I plan something there's always an excuse...............ALWAYS.  It is hard when we live in a different state from others, but we shouldn't be expected to drive out of our way all the time......

No comments: