Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Something I Thought I'd Never Experience.....

So as most of you know I've had 3 children of my own.  Unfortunately I was never able to deliver my children naturally, all c-sections due to health issues.  Of course I was satisfied with having a c-section, but deep down I was frustrated that it was ONE thing I couldn't do....give birth to my children like I had always wanted.  In the long run it didn't matter as long as they were here safe and sound and healthy.

Today I got to experience something I never thought I'd get to see.  My cousin was being induced today because the baby was measuring small and they wanted to make sure she was ok.  I was there for the WHOLE thing.  I felt absolutely privileged to be a part of something so spectacular.

Everything started at about 8:45 when the doctor came in and broke her water and started her on her IV stuff.  She handled the pain VERY well.  I know I'm a wimp so not giving in for an epidural at the beginning was nice to see LOL...kwim?  Anyway, time went on and she was doing awesome as was baby.  About 11:30 she started to feel uncomfy so they gave her the epidural and she was progressing well.

Little did we know that 3 hours later we would be entering the world of giving birth.  It all happened so quickly.  One and a half pushes and the little girl was born!  It was absolutely awesome....to see a doctor be so calm and encouraging is wonderful (same doc as I had with my 3).  I don't remember much from my children since it was a bunch of people rushing around trying to count things and what not. 

Zabrina Leigh was born at 2:34 p.m. weighing in at a tiny 5 lbs 8.5 oz and measuring 18 1/2 inches.  She has a beautiful head full of brown hair.  She looks just like her baby brother. 

I am VERY grateful I was able to be a part of this day......makes me want more the way she makes it look so easy :-)

No comments: