You have those days you wake up and the first thing that pops into your head is "It's time to start the day, let's get moving."
I'm grateful for every day that I wake up and see my beautiful babies. They have the biggest smiles on their faces when they wake up, they're full of energy and ready to start the day. Although we have trying times some mornings getting up and moving, what family doesn't right?
Every Monday-Friday I wake up, get myself ready to go, make sure the kids are up to start the day. Katelinn goes to Preschool, Hannah goes to Kindergarten so its a morning of getting the proper clothes on for school, getting breakfast eaten, coats, hats, gloves, shoes and backpacks. These kids LOVE going to school, I don't know what we'll do when Summer comes LOL.
We get up at 7:00 a.m. and start our day here. While most of the time I end up having to urge them out of bed to get moving, there are days that they're up, dressed and ready to go long before 7 a.m. It's a rarity, but its nice when it happens. I know that when that happens their day will be spectacular at school.
By 7:45 we are walking out the door and getting into the van. I drive Katelinn, Hannah and a friends kiddo to school 7 miles one way every single day of the week. Yes, that's right, I drive 14 miles a day to get my kids to school. Now your question here may be: Why do you drive them 7 miles to school when there's a school right there where you live? Here's the answer:
I do it because when we first moved to this area I started attending the Elementary school. I loved the last semester of my school year there. I know the teachers, the community and I just felt that it fit right. With us choosing to send them there it makes life easier. We don't have to open enroll because its in the school district and we live IN that district. The girls love it and they can attend school with their friends. Hannah and Katelinn have both attended Preschool in Wellman so 99% of their friends attend that school.
Hannah and our friends kiddo are dropped off, we then drive Katelinn to Preschool and drop her off a little after 8.
Kaleb and I come home and begin our day at home. Katelinn is only in school for a few hours, but most days she goes to my grandparents until Hannah's done with school. This not only saves us gas, but it gives Katelinn time with her Nana and Papa.
Throughout the day I will clean, do laundry, play games with Kaleb, relax and whatever else needs to be done. With it being so darn cold outside we can't do much out there, but I'm anxious for Spring/Summer to arrive because I'm ready to spend most of our days outside again! It wears their little bums out LOL.
By 3:00 we are getting ready to drive our next 7 miles (I drive 28 miles a day total to get kids to and from school) to pick Hannah (and Katelinn if she's still in town) up from school.
I always ask the girls at the end of their day if they had a good day at school, what they did, what they learned etc. Sometimes I get "It was ok", sometimes I get "I don't remember", but for the most part I get "I had a great day today!" Those are the days that light up my face like you wouldn't believe.
When I first became a mom I was frightened. Most first time parents are. What do I do if my child has this happen to them? What do I do when it comes time for them to go to school? These are all questions that popped into my head constantly. I was not ready to send my baby girl off to school, but before I knew it she was attending Preschool, graduation Preschool and then moving onto Kindergarten. Just a few days ago I ended up filling out registration forms for Katelinn to attend Kindergarten. I go to Preschool Registration for Kaleb to attend Preschool this Fall. How did this all happen so darn fast!? Wasn't it just yesterday they were babies in my arms!?
I'm grateful that I've been blessed with these children. I don't know where I'd be in life without them. They make my life complete. One day we will have our 4th and final baby, but we aren't rushing that fact. I missed a few things while they were all growing up taking care of my health issues and I'm enjoying be able to do things now that I couldn't do then (thanks to the doc in Des Moines!).
Anyway, my point is....no matter what obstacles come up to you in life, don't take anything for granted. Be thankful for what you have. Don't let anything stop you from living your life. One day before you know it your babies will be all grown up, graduation High School, going off to college, getting married and way down the road having their own babies. Teach them what it is to be a family, teach them what it is to have fun, love life and love one another. Remind them every day that you love them.
1 comment:
My "babies" are all grown up, but are wonderful, productive people. You and my wonderful son-in-law have given me 3 beautiful grandchildren (the most beautiful in the world in my unbiased opinion LOL). It's so easy on stressful days to wonder certain things, but I have learned over the years to never take anything for granted. One never knows what can happen. Hug them, hold them close for as long as you can, and when they are ready to leave the nest and do something wonderful with their lives you will know you accomplished everything a mother should. Most of all, once a mother always a mother. No matter what, your children (no matter how old) always need their parents. Love you!
Post a Comment