Sunday, March 18, 2012

Vegas 2012

Vegas 2012.........I didn't think I'd be typing that this year at all.  Why? A lot of things, one big thing being the fact that my stupid taxes wanted to take forever and a day to arrive.  Have to have money to do things like that right? 

Anyway, I went to Las Vegas with my sister for a Convention.  We arrived on Sunday afternoon and we came home Friday morning at 10:50 a.m.  Now, speaking from experience I highly do not recommend leaving on a day that the time changes.  My body is SO messed up from that darn thing.  Going an hour ahead and then 2 hours backwards was soooooo confusing LOL.

Anyway, On Monday while she was at the convention I just wandered around our hotel/casino and took in some sites.  Nothing too interesting.  We had dinner Monday night with an awards ceremony as well.  After all was said and done we went back to our room and slept.  We hadn't had much sleep at all.  Then on Tuesday I did the same thing but caught up on some sleep while she was at her convention meetings. Tuesday night I joined them for Kick It Up A Notch.  That was a blast. 
After we were done there we went down to Freemont Street.  In the 3 times I've been to Vegas that was the FIRST time I've ever been to Freemont street.  It was absolutely awesome.  Loved the shows and everything.  My feet were killing me by the end of the night, but it was totally worth it.

Wednesday was the last day/night of the convention.  We had dinner and an awards ceremony again.  While the rest of the group went up to the nightclub afterwards I stayed in the room.  You all know me, I'm not a huge party goer.  Just not my nature, but I am kicking myself a little bit for not going :-p  They all had a great time.

Thursday we met up with the group and went to the Strip.  Now I should mention that on Wednesday I purchased tickets for Ashley and I to go and see Cirque De Soleil The Beatles Love.  I was so excited to go and see this show.  Absolutely stoked.  We walked the strip, did some shopping in the Miracle Mile, watched the Volcano Show at The Mirage.  Ate Brazilian Food before the show, went to the show and then the next thing we knew our vacation was over.  Yes, over :-(.

I missed the kids and Paul A LOT.  6 days is a LONG time to be away when you're home with them every single day.  Our flight left on Friday morning 5:50 a.m. Vegas time.  We were at the airport by 4:15 and man I was exhausted.  I did sleep on the plane, but you know how that is right?  HORRIBLE.

I got home about 2 p.m. Friday afternoon, went and picked up Katelinn and Kaleb from my grandparents and then picked Hannah up from school.  It was so good to be home.  I've finally caught up on most of my sleep, but I'm going to be honest here......My body is KILLING me.
I was rammed into a machine by a VERY drunk guy in the casino so I've done something to my left arm.  I go see my doc tomorrow, didn't warrant to go in any sooner than that, it just goes with my back/feet/leg pain from all the walking LOL.  I'll manage, always have and always will.

I got to meet many new people while in Vegas, had an awesome time as well!  I'm insanely crazy though as I plan on going to NYC with my sister in law in a month....yes, you read that correctly.  *sigh* I'm going to kill two birds with one stone and do it all. Haha.

I just want to add that this may seem all over the place, but if I seriously typed everything I did you would be bored in about 10 minutes because there was A LOT to type and quite frankly I need to leave a little curiosity out there right? Hehe.

I hope everyone had a safe St. Patrick's Day weekend. 

I'll post pictures on another blog soon!

No comments: