Friday, February 20, 2009

MRI Results

I had an MRI done on Tuesday. I called Thursday for my results, but my doctor wasn't in the office so she said "I will call you first thing in the morning and get the results to you." Now, I wait.....1:30 p.m. rolls around and STILL no phone call so I decided to call them.

Apparently she forgot or something who knows, but anyway. I am VERY glad I went ahead with the MRI. It turns out that my ankle bone that I broke is NOT healed. I have a bruise on that bone and I have a torn ligament as well as a strained/sprained one. There are 4 different issues with my ankle and that would explain all the pain I am having.

So, the next step they say is a bone stimulator. However, it hasn't been 90 days since my accident so my insurance company is denying the authorization. This is NOT something that I use for 3 weeks and it be healed, no I have to use it for 3 months! I was like NO WAY!

I am waiting for a phone call from my doctor to discuss other options. The point of the bone stimulator is to help regrow the bone where that gap is of the broken bone. However, I have 3 small children to care for and I WILL NOT be laid up for 3 months and then find out it didn't work and be laid up for another 6 weeks.
Once he calls we will discuss my other options and I will go from there. I also can't afford to pay for this thing out of my pocket so something else MUST be figured out.

Why he took me out of the cast to begin with I don't know. The x-ray he took after the cast came off showed that my ankle bone was STILL broken. I'm happy we know what is causing the pain, but I'm still having quite a bit of pain too :-(

Next Friday I have surgery on my wrist for this lump that I've had since last July. I will post the update from that when I can. We have visitors coming in next weekend so it may be a bit delayed.

No comments: