Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Our Weekend Away At Kalahari Resorts!


Last weekend we were able to go and enjoy some time away as a family. We went to the Kalahari Resort in Wisconsin Dells, WI.
It was great! Last year we went to the Wilderness Resort and while there are LOTS of things to do water wise, there just wasn't much to do as a family and the food there was horrible.
Kalahari had a water park, a theme park, GREAT food at a GREAT price.
We all had a great time.

On Friday we mostly just wandered around checking out the place. Mind you we had a Royal African Suite so of course we were in love. It had a fireplace, a king size bed in one room, a living room, a 42" plasma TV, another room that had 2 queen beds for Paul and the kids and I. Then there was a full bathroom and then a 1/2 bathroom, basically a mini condo, it was lovely.
However, when I checked in they failed to tell me that you have to put a room key into the slot NEXT to the switch to turn on the lights. I stood and walked around the room for 15 minutes trying to figure this out! It was ridiculous. I finally called to the front desk and they told me what to do, that would have been easier to just inform us of when we were in there.

Jacalyn (Paul's sister) came to visit us while we were there. We met her for supper on Friday night at Denny's and then she and her boys came over to the hotel for a while. It was a great visit.

Saturday we spent most of the day at the Water Park. Mostly Paul, Hannah and Katelinn were in the water as I was taking care of Kaleb. He spent a good 45 minutes to an hour in the water, but was getting tired.

Saturday night we threw a surprise party for my sister. It was at Kahunaville. It was great. The food was awesome...the appetizer was smoking (literally). After supper we went to the bowling alley there at the resort and it was fun.

Sunday we did some activities with the kids, went to the arcade and then headed home about noon. We had driven separately because usually we are up there visiting, but this time Paul had to work. He is being considered back full time now. The weather is too nice here not to take advantage of it.

Anyway, we had a great time and it was nice to get away. We take our next vacation in 9 days to see our friends in Michigan and I CAN'T WAIT!! I'm super excited about that one too!

No comments: