So I had my appointment for my ankle this morning.
I got there and they took me back to get an x-ray done first. I figured that was going to happen because of the fact he wanted to make sure things were where they are supposed to be. That was rather interesting.
I got back to the room and the nurse started to remove my staples. I started to freak out a little bit because I started oozing quite a bit of blood. My thought of course was that she peeled it open or something. Well, that wasn't the case......it stopped bleeding..just from the staples coming out. When all was said and done she took out 21 staples.
He came in and said that everything looks great, the bone is placed perfectly now my body just needs to heal the bones together. We talked and he did agree to the cast per Paul's request...LOL.
I am now equipped with a pretty purple cast. I will be in the cast for 5 weeks and I go back on the 13th of May. The x-ray was available for viewing in the cast room and it was so neat.....looks just weird....LOL.
Dr. O, my previous ankle doctor, came in and looked at the x-rays and was very impressed with how well I was doing 2 weeks post op.
The pain is doing ok otherwise. I still get worn out pretty easily.
WAY OFF TOPIC OF MY APPOINTMENT, BUT EXCITING NEWS!
Paul is in the process of finding another job. He is just tired of working in construction and many other things are playing a role as well.
He has an interview on Saturday for a new job and hopefully it will work out. If it does, he will work 9 p.m. to 7 a.m. and will work Monday through Thursday. We would have a chance at a normal family life! It would be so nice to have him home during the day and long weekends.
I better go now...the girls are rough housing a little too much!
No comments:
Post a Comment