Sunday, May 31, 2009

Henry Vilas Zoo!



So on Saturday we drove to Madison, WI and visited the Henry Vilas Zoo.

There were TONS of neat animals, but we only got pictures of some of them. It was a hectic time.....we met up with some friends of mine as well and had a GREAT time with them (that's a whole different blog).

While we were at the Zoo we saw Tortoises, penguins, flamingos, monkeys (great apes if you read their signs and they even use exclamation points "GREAT APES!"). I thought that was kind of funny......you go into the "GREAT APES" exhibit and signs EVERYWHERE say "Orangutans ARE NOT monkeys....they are GREAT APES!" Someone was getting a little too frustrated by people calling them monkeys.......HAHA.

Anyway, it was great fun until little miss Katelinn lost a shoe. We had just finished seeing the flamingos and went towards the bathrooms.......wouldn't you know it, she was missing a shoe. I immediately said "Katelinn what happened to your shoe?" She smiled at me......usually she SCREAMS, "SHOE SHOE SHOE", but this time she didn't. I was rather shocked at that too, but she never said a word. So Paul goes back looking for this one lonely little Hawkeye croc and doesn't find it.
I have a number to call and see if they might have found it over the weekend, but I highly doubt they will. Although who would steal A SHOE!? One freaking shoe, especially one being a Hawkeye croc...LOL.

All in all we had a great time! The weather was perfect. It was so much fun!

Here are some pictures of the animals we saw:

No comments: