Monday, August 24, 2009

A Fishing Expedition With A Side Trip To The ER!

Yesterday we decided to go fishing. Our neighbors were going as well. We usually fish with them because between all of us we can bring home a good amount of fish that are edible (not like carp or anything).

Well Hannah and Katelinn and the neighbors little girl were playing with rocks. Katelinn and Hannah had been throwing them AT the water NOT AT a person. Next thing I hear is a blood curdling scream. I look over and because Paul got there faster than I could I saw blood just dripping through Hannah's hands. I started to freak out.

She was bleeding from her head and quite a bit. We finally got the bleeding stopped and noticed it was only a minor cut, but because it was on the bridge of the nose I wasn't sure what it would require so off to the ER we went. No stitches were required, no broken bones and no eyes were scratched or damaged.

Her poor little face is all puffy right now though. Her eye is a little black and blue and her cut looks worse than it really is.

Just a little lesson....if you are around rocks, make sure that your kids don't THROW them at people. Yes, I realize that they are kids, but this could have been MUCH worse that it was.

Here are some pictures of it.


No comments: