So in exactly 13 days I will be flying to Las Vegas, Nevada ALL alone! I'm freaking out, but yet excited. Hubby and the kiddos will be staying home because, 1. we can't afford 4 plane tickets and 2. He said I needed time to myself and he needed to work. Ok, no fight there, but I will surely miss my babies.
My mom and a friend are flying out before I am, but on the same day. I have to fly alone, but I am sure I will be fine. We are all going out there to be there for Stacey's special day. On 9-20-09 Stacey will marry her soul mate! I'm so excited for her.
Unfortunately, just under 48 hours after I get back from Vegas, I will be in the hospital. That's right......on September 23rd, 2009 I will be undergoing hernia surgery.
It all began last Saturday morning when I got out of the shower. My stomach started to cramp up and I began to double over. I didn't think anything of it for the simple fact that it happens once in a while.
Well, ever since Kaleb was born I've had a lump on my left side of the stomach. So anyway, I went into the ER. They checked me in at 9:46 p.m. By 11:00 p.m. I hadn't seen the doctor yet. FINALLY at 5 til midnight she came in. Gave us some BS story and went on her merry way. The bloodwork, urine and everything came back fine. I wasn't pregnant (I told them I wasn't). So they did an ultrasound to be sure I didn't have cysts on my ovaries since I have a history of it. Nope, that was all fine.
Now, I was given the option to have a CT done, but it wouldn't be til later. It's 1:45 a.m. by this point. NO THANKS! I wanted to come home and sleep in my own bed. I was exhausted and if I wasn't home when the kids woke up the older two would be freaking out. So I came home and proceeded to see my doctor on Monday. She ordered the CT scan. Mainly for kidney stones. Told me that the kidney stones were unfounded. Never said anything else. Come Thursday (yesterday) I was still/and still am in quite a bit of pain. Come to find out, the CT scan revealed that I have a hernia!! That's right, a hernia. That's obviously what this lump has been from since I had Kaleb.
I went and saw a General Surgeon yesterday and he said it needs to be repaired. So, I will be undergoing hernia surgery. I will NOT be allowed to lift for 6 weeks or do ANYTHING for 6 weeks. My stomach will be cut open and lots of nasty things done. It's painful just to think about.
I fully intend on enjoying myself in Vegas and not letting this get me down. It kept me down all day yesterday and all night last night. It's depressing to know I need a surgery and won't be able to care for my babies, but it is important that it gets done.
Anyway, I have a little man that is crying for his mama.....he's has teeth coming in and they aren't being nice about it.
I just needed to get this down and feel better. Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment