Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Countdown Is On!

That's right......the countdown to two important events is on.

The first event is Kaleb's 1st Birthday. In 4 days our baby boy will turn 1 year old. It has been so much fun raising a baby boy. After having 2 girls I didn't know what to do, but he has made it so much fun and challenging. SO different from girls. I can wait until he is more mobile than crawling, but I enjoy the more movable and interactive stages.

The second even is a MAJOR one for me. I will be flying out to Vegas in 6 days! ALONE.....if you know me, you know darn well I HATE flying with a passion. However, a friend of the family's (which I call her my adopted sister) is getting married. I refuse to miss her wedding, no matter what.....so I am flying....I'm going to suck it up and deal with it. I DO NOT want to miss her special day. She's important too and deserves to have loved ones there on her special day.

I will be gone for 5 days. I have NEVER left my children for more than a day! Can you believe that!? I've been a mom for almost 4 years and have NEVER left them. The only time I left Hannah and Katelinn over night was when I had Kaleb. Kaleb has NEVER been left overnight before. I'm a little scared about that, but I know between my dad, my grandparents and Paul that he and the girls will be just fine. I just hope I will survive.....LOL.
Seriously though....it will be a nice break. I would LOVE to have Paul go with me, but for the simple fact that he doesn't want to miss 3 work days it's better for us. This way the kids will get some quality daddy time.

Anyway......4 days until Kaleb turns 1 and 6 days until I leave for Vegas. I'm excited for the most part......I have NEVER been that close to California and probably never will be. The farthest west I have been is probably the edge of Texas on the west side. It will be a fun trip I'm sure.

No comments: