Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Hannah's 4!
We just can't believe it. Today our baby girl turned 4 years old.
4 years ago today at 7:53 p.m. after 13 hours of labor and an "emergency" c-section, Hannah Linn graced us with her presence at 8 lbs and 21 inches long. Our biggest baby so far.
Hannah was 8 days late. I was due with her on September 21st. The OB informed me that I could go as far as 2 weeks overdue. Of course that was NOT something I wanted to hear, but being my first pregnancy it was expected. We did have a scare with her at 32 weeks. She tried to come early, but then she was stubborn after that and didn't want to come out!
On the 28th I went in for my 41 week check up. The nurse came in, took my BP and kind of had a look on her face. Mind you I had NO issues the whole pregnancy except for that minor scare. She went out and got another nurse to come in and take my BP. Then they said that it was a little high. I thought, ok, maybe this is a sign that she's trying to make her way here.
My OB came in and explained that I had some protein in my urine and my BP was climbing. She informed me that since she was on call the 29th that she wanted to induce. I was all for it!
I got out of my appointment and it was raining and with Paul working in construction I figured they wouldn't be working. I called him and told him the good news. He was shocked, excited and scared. We were ready to meet our first born yet we were so scared as to whether we could do it or not.
Paul went home, got cleaned up and met my mom and I in the city. We went to eat at Lone Star (which doesn't exist anymore due to the flood) and boy was it yummy! I figured I better eat something nice and yummy and big since I probably wouldn't be able to eat for a while.
So at 5:00 p.m. on the 28th I went to the hospital and got cervadil to get everything going. That is the most retarded thing I have EVER heard of in my life. It sure didn't work. I laid flat on my back for 2 hours, but still could only get up to go to the bathroom after that.
By 4:30 a.m. the 29th I started having some contractions, but nothing too significant. I was given the all clear to get up and shower before the doctor came in and broke my waters and started me on the pitocin.
By 6:45 a.m. the doctor came in and broke my water and got my going on the pit.
Time went on and I developed a fever, my BP got REALLY high and things just weren't progressing. By 6:45 p.m. the OB said that if I hadn't progressed by 7:30 they were going to have to go the c-section route. Sure enough I ended up having to have a c-section and had to be put under because the epidural wasn't working right.
I woke up at 9:30 p.m. to no baby. I was freaking out! Where was my baby!? What had they done with her!? Then comes in Paul with this beautiful bundle in his arms. There she was, our first born, our baby girl.
I can't believe it has been 4 years since she was born! The time has flown by so quickly. It is just hard to believe that soon she will be starting Preschool.
We had my parents over for supper and then did the presents and cake. She got her favorite cake with Hannah Montana on it. She had a good birthday and before she went to sleep she said, "Mommy, I'm a big girl now, REALLY I am." *sniff sniff* She's growing quickly!
Enjoy the pictures of Hannah.........
Hannah and her Papa Shoes washing dishes
Hannah waiting to blow her candles out. Katelinn and Kaleb watching in the background.
Hannah and Katelinn eating birthday cake.
Hannah and her new shopping cart. She was ecstatic to see this!
Kaleb wanted to have his picture taken too!
She was exhausted by the end of the day and fell asleep just like this. Absolutely cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment