Monday, October 12, 2009

Snow Has Fallen!

You read that title correctly friends and family.  The snow has fallen.  On October 10th no less!  I think its insane.  I do remember it snowing last year in October, but it was later in October and Halloween was perfect weather.  However, I can't remember an October where it snowed like it did on the 10th and stuck for a bit.

It isn't still around, but I must say it was a VERY cold weekend and a weekend I wasn't prepared for.  I thought they were kidding when they said the "s" word.  Nope, for once they were right.  In a rush we had to go and get Hannah a Winter coat and then all of them needed Hats and Gloves.  We got Kaleb a cute Cars Hat and Mittens set.  So nice and fleece like it will keep him warm for sure.  I also get those mitten attacher things that you can hook the mittens onto the coat so they don't get lost.  Well, Wal-Mart had some with Cars on them.  I couldn't NOT get them.  So now Kaleb's hat, gloves and attachers (can't remember the actual name obviously) are all Cars.  I would LOVE to have a Cars coat, but I looked at those the other day and they are $40.  Sorry, not in this time.......maybe when he isn't growing so darn fast!

The girls were so excited to see the snow falling.  Hannah wanted to go out and play in it, but being the "mean" ole mommy I am I told her it was too cold.  Saturday night the temps got down to 20 degrees.  Before we know it the ground will be frozen and Paul will be on layoff for the season. 

Anyway, they are saying more snow is coming Tuesday and Wednesday with a 50% chance.  In a way I really would like that, but in another I don't want it to happen.  Ever since my spill last Winter I've been hesitant about going outside and even more so now that snow is falling.  I just don't want to go through that ever again.

Anyway.....stay warm friends and family.......Winter is going to be here for quite a while I believe!

No comments: