So about 3 weeks ago as most of you know I had a surgery to repair a hernia. Well, more like 4 hernias instead of the 1 that was originally thought to be.
I had an appointment 10 days ago and I had fluid on my belly which is drained. There was about 2 oz worth in there. Of course I am not a fan of needles, but it had to be done. Thankfully because my belly is numb most of the way still I didn't feel a thing. He said, "Come back in 7-10 days."
Well I went back today and he said things are looking GREAT! The incision is healing properly and everything. I asked him about the discomfort I had/have been having above my belly button. He said that it is completely normal and it is because the mesh is there and its getting things into place by stretching or tightening whatever needs to be done in that area. Cool......good to know.
He did say that I have a little fluid on my belly, but he didn't want to torture me today. However, he did say that if I feel any more discomfort or notice any puffiness to call and they will make an appointment to drain the fluid that is there.
I go back on the 9th of November and hopefully will be free and clear of this for quite some time. I would love to say forever, but with my Ehlers Danlos that will be quite difficult considering we are wanting another child some time down the road.
Anyway, that is my update on me and my surgery. All is well! Thought a good post was nice to have :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment