So I haven't posted in a few weeks. Sorry about that, but I figure no one really reads our blog anyway.
Not a whole lot going on here right now. On November 24th I went in and had the hardware removed from my right ankle. It was bothering me and making it hard to sleep. If I laid on my right side too long my ankle let me know it. I had that removed without much trouble. Still having quite a bit of pain, but I'm dealing with it like usual. I got to keep my hardware which is pretty neat. 6 screws and one 3.5 inch titanium plate :-) I was able to walk on it right then and there. No crutches were needed. I go in on the 9th of this month to have the staples removed. They don't like stitches or something I guess. I can say that staples are uncomfy. I've got one just buried in my skin, rather irritating, but oh well.
On Thanksgiving Day we drove to Eldridge to have Thanksgiving dinner with my dad's side of the family. While we didn't stay long it was still a good time. Just wish it wouldn't have been so windy and cruddy that day.
We did go and do some Black Friday shopping, but not a whole lot with me not up to par quite yet. I'm not a huge shopping in crowds fan. People are SUPER rude this time of year and I just don't care to deal with them. I go during the week while its quiet at most places....LOL.
Then on Saturday we had a Thanksgiving for my mom's side of the family. It was a good time. Hannah spent the night for the first time by herself at my grandparents house. This was a test for me. When she has stayed there before she HAD to stay there because something was going on the next day or something, but this was HER choice. I was shocked that at 4 she was ready to stay alone somewhere. She did great! We saw her after church on Sunday. Paul and Kaleb went to church and picked up Hannah. I stayed home to rest since Monday I was back at it full throttle with all 3 kids alone.
So here we are almost 3 weeks away from Christmas now. I can't believe it! I don't have a thing bought, but I have gotten most of the Christmas cards ready to go out. I just need to get our picture insert printed. Unfortunately I have to get them printed at Target or somewhere because my printer is out of ink. Figures huh?
Soon will be lay off time as the temps are dropping quickly here. It is 28 degrees here today and that is the coldest its been during the day so far this year that I recall. We got a light dusting as well. Didn't stick around though of course. They are saying 50% chance of snow on Tuesay and Wednesday. As much as I hate snow I would like to see some considering we have to freeze our butts off anyway.
Until next time my friends! Take Care!
No comments:
Post a Comment