We made a few purchases for the first time ever in our lives today that made us feel really good.
We left our house this morning with the intentions on paying our van payment and getting a new mattress. The local furniture store was having a sale on mattresses starting at $99 a piece. I really wanted to get a nice one and not a flimsy old thing that wouldn't last long.
Well we got the van payment made and went to Target and purchased a booster seat for Hannah. I can't believe our baby girl is big enough to sit like a big kid now. She was super happy with it and it even has reading lights on it so when we are traveling in the dark she can still see to read or color or whatever.
After Target I noticed I got an email from Best Buy. On Thursday we had ordered a new washing machine. Something else we have NEVER owned brand new. It said that the washer had come in so we went and picked that up. Couldn't have been better timing with us having my grandpa's truck and all.
We got our washer and headed across town to the furniture store that was having the sale. We got there, explained to the lady what we wanted and she helped us right away. It was nice to deal with someone that wasn't pushy. She showed us quite a few bed sets and explained the difference between them all. Paul was able to try them out more than I was with my knee and all that, but I trusted him, he's the one that has the back issues. After trying out about 4 of them he found the one he REALLY wanted. It was a Sealy Posturpedic something or other. So we order that.
We are standing there getting that ordered when I decided that it would be nice to have a new Rocker/Recliner in the living room instead of this junky $40 one we bought two years ago that's all stained and ripped......wouldn't you know they were having a sale on those too! We found a Bronze colored microfiber Lazy Boy rocker/recliner that we just fell in love with. Ok, added that to the bill......then in the process I was looking around and noticed they were having a REALLY good sale on couches too. Our couch wasn't in horrible condition, but it was just too big and gawdy looking.....wouldn't you know they had a microfiber creme colored couch on sale for $296!! It was normally $699. We saved over $400 on a couch! It looks so nice in our living room. I'm just going to be paranoid now with the kids and all, but it does have a care protection on it thank goodness.
The chair won't be in for about 4 weeks and our mattress will be in next Friday. With all these new things in our house its like a brand new home. Its just so nice to have things we worked hard for and can finally have. We've never owned these nice things and we are pleased we can do it now.
The kids are liking the new couch as well. Kaleb has a little trouble getting off and on it now that its higher up, but they are being careful. They remind us to check our clothes and make sure they aren't dirty before sitting on it.....LOL.
So anyway.....pictures will be posted after we have all the furniture......I just can't wait to sleep in our new bed and wash laundry in our new washer! YAY!
No comments:
Post a Comment