So today I had my 6 week follow up for my knee. I had been concerned because I fell about 10 days ago. The doctor assured me and was VERY optimistic that I hadn't done anything harmful to my knee. However, with the ER doc telling me to keep my knee from bending that it set me back. He said bending it is the BEST thing for me.
I will continue going to PT and I go back to him in 4 weeks. However, in 4 weeks if my leg isn't stronger or better then we will have to go and do a manipulation. That is where they bend the foot to the butt and then wrap it to stay that way for a while. I went through it 10 years ago with my surgery I had then. With my EDS it is hard to tell because my scar tissue does build up quickly and he said that is mostly my problem.
So prayers that I get stronger (working in PT will help this) and that I don't end up needing the manipulation.
On other notes:
Hannah is sick :-( She woke up yesterday morning with a barking cough and throughout the day was getting sick to her tummy. Paul stayed home today because all 3 have coughs and Hannah now has developed a fever. He too is fighting off a cough of some sort, but Hannah will be going in tonight to see the doctor. We are hoping that they will figure out something and maybe give her something to help her sleep. She coughs so much at night that she doesn't get much sleep. We've tried cough meds, but they just aren't helping :-(
I will update more when I know more.
Katelinn is doing well. She is fully potty trained and growing quickly. Too quickly I might add. She too is fighting a cough. I just hope we can get her cough stopped so we don't have to deal with fevers and what not with her. She is doing well so far. Breathing treatments are a wonder......glad we have a nebulizer (they are all using this).
Kaleb is now 18 months old. I can't believe it. He's growing so fast! He's learning more and more words every day and LOVES to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. It's the ONLY show he will sit and watch, thank goodness its a learning show (all we allow really). He LOVES being outside and misses his "dada" when he's working. Kaleb will wake up on the weekends and sit straight up and yell, "DADA". When he sees that Daddy wakes up to him doing that his day is just perfect. It's a disappointment when daddy is at work.......I just explain that he's working and he's fine until nap time....then we find a picture of daddy and it helps quite a bit. Sometimes we will call and talk to daddy if its around lunch time......works every time :-)
Anyway, that's a little update. Kaleb has his 18 month appointment next week so we will update then.
No comments:
Post a Comment