Things were going absolutely wonderful at 6 weeks post op (read last post for info). Saturday afternoon I was getting ready to go as Paul and I were to meet up with my BFF from HS Nicole and her husband for supper. We were going to go to the Bass Pro Shop. We were both excited because we hadn't been there before.
Anyway, I learned that day that taking a shower can be a dangerous thing now :-( I don't know how it happened or exactly what happened, but I fell. My knee ended up behind me and I heard popping and cracking. Paul ended up calling my mom to come get the kids and I ended up being taken to the ER (yet again) by ambulance. They did x-rays on my pelvis, hip, and whole right leg. At the time the radiologist thought that I had a small fracture in my knee, but they weren't sure due to the swelling. I was given pain meds and sent home with weight bearing as tolerated and continue my ROM exercises.
Unfortunately as the days have gone on my knee is in pain still and to move is painful. To bear weight is horrible so I was advised to NOT bear weight and to keep it locked. The resident confirmed today that I do indeed have a small fracture in my knee. He said it won't "change my course of treatment", but for some reason I don't trust a resident. I will see my regular doc on Tuesday the 16th.
Needless to say, our date night did not happen and I am just so disappointed. I was doing so well and now I'm back to square -1. Meaning I am worse off than I was before. I was enjoying the walks in the afternoons with the kids and my sister in law (their children too) and now I can't walk without crutches yet again.
Please pray for me as I will find out more next week. The children are being taken care of by my grandparents and my dad helps me out too while Paul is working.
No comments:
Post a Comment