Thursday, August 12, 2010

Gotta Love The Heat and Other News!

So the past few days in little ole Iowa its been REALLY hot.  We've had some hectic storms.  One even got bad enough we lost power for about 2 hours.  The kids REALLY didn't like that, but nothing I can do about it.  Thankfully it was turned back on before it got TOO hot in the house.

Anyway, yesterday and today with the heat index the temps were 110.....no lie.  I saw a temp thing at a bank today that actually read 101.  I was just shocked.....shouldn't surprise me being in Iowa and all, but dang, its almost the middle of August!

The kids are tolerating the heat pretty well.  It's hard to explain to them that we can't go outside when there is absolutely no shade.  The last thing I need is a child having a heat stroke.  We try and wait until after there is some shade and its closer to 7 or so.  It's hard for them because it's getting dark earlier, but they enjoy it.
Our swimming pool has been down for a few weeks because it had some holes in it and was pretty much done.  I did get to purchase a new one, but we haven't put it up yet, why I don't know LOL.

On another note, this heat is wreaking havoc on Kaleb's little bum.  For about a week now we've been battling a rash. Well, at least that's what I thought it was.  Finally I got sick of it because he wakes up in the middle of the night whining and itching.  I took him into the doctor today and found out its yeast infection. FUN!  They put him on the Nystatin powder.  I'm hoping we see improvement tomorrow because this poor child pees once in his diaper and he just can't take it.

Hannah will be starting school in about 2 1/2 weeks!  I can't believe our baby girl will be going to Preschool!!  Time sure has flown, but she is ready.  She LOVES to learn and is all excited.  She has her new shoes, her backpack, her supplies and best of all her first day of school outfit.  She will be about 2 or 3 blocks from Nana and Papa's house.  That way if we have something we have to do before she has to be there or after they can get her from school.  She's loving that idea as well.

Katelinn will not be starting school quite yet which is fine with me.  Although she'd probably love it, its just too soon.  She's only 3 and I'm not pushing it.  A lot of people in my family prefer I wait until she's 6 for her to start Kindergarten, but we aren't so sure we want to wait that long.  Time will tell I suppose.

Kaleb will be turning 2 in about a month!  I can't believe it.........what happened to our BABY boy.  Sure has grown a lot.  So much that I had to buy him new shoes AGAIN.  I took him and Katelinn into the shoe store, had their feet measured because we've been having issues getting Kaleb's shoes on.  Now I know why....he went from a size 6 to a size 8 in 6 months time!!!  Dang kid, slow down!  He LOVES his new shoes and I'm telling you he looks like he's in clown shoes because they are so big!  He's comfortable and loves them, that's what matters.

Paul is doing well.  He's working hard out in this ugly heat.  He gets about 50 hours in a week, he's definitely a good man and I don't praise him enough for it.  I don't know what I'd do without him, that's for sure.  He does help out around the house when I need him too as well.  He mowed the yard tonight, such a task that stinks to do when its this hot.

I'm doing well........healing nicely from my gall bladder surgery, but I do get worn out easily.  I've been taking care of the kids on my own again.  While its hard, I love having them back at home.  I love breaks, but I miss my kiddos when they are gone.  I go back to the knee doc on the 9th of September.  I'm going to decline another shot.  I'm in more pain than I was BEFORE the stupid thing.  At that price, its not worth it.........really it isn't...........I don't suggest them.  I am planning on going back to school in January for Medical Transcription.  It's something I can get a degree in and do at home.  I still want to be a stay at home mom.  We are planning on having another child, at some point.  Time will tell.

Anyway, in closing I hope this finds all of our family and friends well.  Enjoy the Summer because sadly it will be cold soon enough.  We complain about the cold, but then when its warm we complain about that too.  I could do without the humidity....I wouldn't mind that being gone.  Take Care All!!

No comments: