Wednesday, September 1, 2010

I've Stumped Them Once Again...........

Today I had an "emergency" appointment with the surgeon that did my hernia surgery last year and my gall bladder in July. 

For a few weeks now I've been having some pains in my belly.  Not like an upset stomach pains, but muscle wise.  Of course the first thing that crosses my mind is a hernia because I'm more susceptible to them with my Ehlers Danlos. 

I got there and waited 1.5 hours to see him.  He's normally not that far behind, but they did work me in I'm sure so I can't complain too loud.  He comes in and literally prods my belly, makes me do a small sit up and all that good junk. 

Once again after leaving a doctor's office I've stumped them.  It COULD be my abdominal muscles stretching and pulling on the nerves (nothing can be done for this) or I COULD have a small hernia that isn't detectable yet.  JOY! 
I informed him that I had a CT Scan done in the ER on the 15th and he was going to read the report, but if its small they don't see them there either.

I decided to go and get the report for myself.....sure enough nothing on there EXCEPT the fact that I have something wrong with my colon, but its not a HUGE deal because it hasn't changed since 6/23.  NO idea what the heck it is, but ok...whatever.  Then I read farther down that I have a small show of osteoarthritis in my L5 vertebra.  WTF!?  I do have back pain, but I never go and get seen for it because what mother doesn't right?  Guess I should have......now I know why my back bothers me quite often.  I'm falling apart at the age of 27....its ridiculous.

So the verdict I left with was "Take it easy and give it time, if you start to feel worse or notice a big bulge (bigger than what I have apparently) then get in here right away." 

WOW...I paid a $40 co pay to hear that!?  UGH!

No comments: