Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What's The Point?

What is the point of celebrating a birth?  In my mind the point is because EVERY day and EVERY year is a treasure. You don't know how long you have with the person you are celebrating so you might as well make the best of it.  Some people don't see the point in having a "party" for anyone every year.
Well guess what....I DO!  If you don't like it you can stay FAR away from me, because I've quite honestly been FED UP with everything and everyone that comes up with excuses not to come or says they will come and then doesn't show up because of something absolutely stupid.

I'm serious here people and if I offend you I am sorry, but you have to understand where I am coming from. Kaleb was a gift to us.  We were planning on having more, not as soon as we did, but we got our baby boy and he is here.  His birth was the easiest birth of all (despite actually going into labor BEFORE the scheduled day) and he is the most important person on Saturday while we celebrate his 2nd Birthday (although his birthday isn't until the 15th).  If you don't want to be a part of this, SPEAK UP and say so, but then don't turn around and expect us to go out of our way to be at something YOU want. 

We've had a party for our children every year.  I don't expect certain people to show up every year, but you could at least make an effort and not make STUPID excuses as to why you can't show up. 

I've had this planned for about a month now and now that its only 3 days left I have NO idea how many people to expect.  Friends are supposed to commit to things that they say they are going to do.  They are to show up and celebrate things, help you out, be your friend...........well apparently in the year 2010 that isn't the damn case.  I believe in helping those out in need, celebrating things, having fun, chilling, and all of that........I go out of my way to help friends and family, but ONE FREAKING DAY and people can't do it!? 

I'm getting my anger out and like I said if I offend you I'm sorry, this isn't pointed at anyone directly at all.  I work my ass off to make their days special and I will be damned if I'm going to let people ruin it.

For those of you who ARE coming.  We will be watching the Iowa vs. Iowa State Game, having a fire pit outside and also BYOB if you wanna drink!  It's going to be a big ole shibang.  Come and celebrate Kaleb's 2nd Birthday and cheer on the IOWA HAWKEYES to kick some Iowa State Cyclone ASS!!!!!

No comments: