I end up back at square one.
On Thursday the kids and I went to the Greenhouse here in town to get flowers and some other plants to plant. I was tired of looking at the nastiness of the pole and the front of the house. I like flowers and I wanted it to look pretty like last year.
After we dropped Hannah off we headed out to get the thing we needed (Katelinn, Kaleb and I). We got several different impatients and we also got some silver dust (aka dusty millers). They were kind of small, but I figure most of them will grow anyway. I was so excited.
We came home and I started getting all the weeds pulled around the lightless pole. Now, I say it that way because there's no dang light on it. Anyway, I get those all pulled and get the ground all ready to plant. I got the flowers planted around the pole and it looks SO much better. Just would look better if there was an actual light on it and it worked honestly.
Next goal was pulling all the weeds from out in front of the house so I could get that dirt ready and pull them around my rose bush so you could actually SEE it LOL. It took me about 30 minutes to pull the weeds out front. It looked so much better, but looks A LOT better now with flowers planted in front of it and you can now see the rose bush.
Then I was getting ready to plant tomato and green pepper plants. However, in the process of this a garden stone was dropped on my leg right below my knee cap. Yep, that's right, I'm clumsy and I dropped it. I couldn't move, the pain was horrible, but I refused to go in. However, my best friend called Health Access (its an oncall nurse/doc). They said to call 911 or they would. By this point I'm literally trembling and I'm VERY dizzy and nauseated. They said to lie down and not move. EMT's showed up, did their thing and before the county got here to transport (county transports since our town is all volunteer) they checked my BP...it was 146/100 which is REALLY high for me. I was trembling even worse by this point so they were trying to get me up and out ASAP.
I got into the ambulance and headed out. They were able to help with my nausea, but the pain was NOT going away even with help there.
I got to the ER and they did x-rays. Nothing is broken (thank goodness), but I'm severely bruised. Unfortunately now I am in EXTREME pain and I have an indentation from the brick in my leg. It hurts....I was feeling GREAT before all this happened and now I'm in pain again. I can't win for anything and just on Tuesday I was released to walk as tolerated. Absolutely ridiculous.
With all that said. I do start pool therapy on Monday and I go into the pain clinic on June 1st and will undergo some injections there. I'm not sure how many, not 100% sure on how long, but I have been forewarned it could be for a while. I just hope it all helps no matter what. I'm tired of living in pain all the time.
Here are some pictures of the flowers to cheer you up from that depressing post:
Front flower bed 1/2 before weeding
\
Front flower other 1/2 of it before weeding
1/2 of the front flower bed planted. Don't mind the crappy skirting
Other 1/2 of the planted front flower bed.
You can see my rose bush now :-)
Lightless pole before planting
Lightless pole with flowers around it now :-)
Bell pepper plants....YUM
Tomato plants!!
No comments:
Post a Comment