I know this is about a week and a half late, I'm sorry but I have been very busy with getting both girls to/from school and then was hit with the nasty flu bug that's been going around. All is well now so here's the story :-)
Its hard to believe that 3 years ago I was hugely pregnant with him. He was scheduled to arrive by c-section on September 17th. Little did I know that I would end up having him 2 days BEFORE that date. I hadn't been given the pleasure of going into full blown labor on my own before. I had been having pain for 4 days prior to him being born, but the day he was born they were REALLY bad. When you go into L&D you are prepared to be sent home because 99% of the time that's what ends up happening. It almost happened to me. However, in 1 hours time I went from 1 cm to 3 cm and luckily Paul arrived 15 seconds before the doctor came in, checked me and said, "We're going to have a baby." I looked at her and said, "No, you're supposed to send me home, I'm not ready for this!" She replies with, "If I send you home you will likely be having that baby at home in your bed, you are in full labor and dilating quickly."
It was a Monday night and it was a full moon as well. I never believed in the whole full moon thing until Kaleb was born. Even though I had been in labor that day the c-section went well and the healing was VERY quick with him.
Today we have a happy, joyful, bouncing BIG boy who enjoys fishing, swimming, playing outside, riding on his Power Wheels Four Wheeler and also enjoys riding on Papa's John Deere Tractor.
We had a birthday party with our friends/neighbors on the 10th and then celebrated it with my mom, dad, grandma, grandpa, Paul, myself, Hannah, Katelinn, Travis and Nikolina (foreign exchange student my family is hosting this year) on his birthday at a local restaurant. My mom and Nikolina made an AWESOME Spiderman cake for him. He loved it VERY much. Kaleb received a Leapster 2 system with a game and a charger for it as well as some Spiderman books and socks. He loves Spiderman and Blues Clues. Although you can't anything in Blues Clues these days.
We didn't do anything HUGE for him, but we still will keep these memories and he had a good time. Every time you ask him how old he is he will hold up 3 fingers and say, "I'm this big now mommy." He's also informed me that he is no longer my BABY boy, but he is now my BIG boy and I'm his mommy. He's grown up so fast, but we are cherishing every loving moment of him growing. He loves his sisters and he doesn't like them being gone for school during the week, but we get along great.
Here are some pictures from his birthday. Thank you to all of you who helped us celebrate Kaleb's 3rd Birthday!!
Kaleb's Spiderman cake made by mom (grandma Donna) and Nikolina
Kaleb with his Spiderman loot
Kaleb's birthday cake for his party with our friends/neighbors
Kaleb at his birthday supper
Kaleb with Daddy on his 3rd Birthday
Kaleb with his Leapster 2 loot
The birthday poster we put up for Kaleb to see as soon as he woke up on his birthday!
Paul made this cake for Kaleb's party with our friends/neighbors
No comments:
Post a Comment