Christmas season as come and gone. It wasn't too cold, it wasn't warm, but there was no snow. Christmas doesn't seem like Christmas without snow. Sadly I'm sure we will receive plenty of it to make up for it in the month/months to come.
Christmas was a great time this year. We got to enjoy the excitement the kids had for their gifts. It was finally a year where all the kids actually understood it, opened their own gifts, enjoy their toys/clothes and just loved it all the way around. Christmas was an awesome time to spend with family.
The kids woke up at 6 a.m. yesterday morning. I woke up to "Mom, Dad, Santa brought us FAKE cameras!" I got out of bed, came out and assured them that the cameras weren't fake, they are indeed real. The girls LOVE them, Kaleb doesn't quite understand it. He'll snap anything, but its all good because things can be deleted easily.
We opened gifts and after all that the kids played with their new toys while I went back to bed. I woke up feeling rather crummy so I was hoping I wasn't coming down with something. I indeed did not. I just slept wrong so my head hurt from my neck being crooked in the night. All was well.
Around 10:30 a.m. we left our house to go to my parents. We got there and got onto Skype so we could have Ervin there with us. For those who might not remember, Ervin was my parents foreign exchange student last year. We have Nina with us this year, but to have them both there was awesome too. We just wish Ervin was here in person, but in due time I'm sure. It was great to see him and talk to him again. He had to leave just before we finished opening gifts.
After opening gifts we made lunch. Believe it or not I actually got up and out in the kitchen to help. I don't usually because I suck at baking/cooking, but I made the potatoes and you can't screw those up too many ways LOL. It turned out all good.
The food was yummy, the time with family was yummy, but come 5 p.m. the kids were getting tired and cranky. We then skyped a bit with my aunt, uncle and cousin in VT. I didn't get to see them or say much (none of us did) because we were getting ready to leave.
We came home, unloaded, and I crashed by 6:30 p.m. Yes, you read that right. I couldn't stay awake anymore so I just passed out until 4 a.m. today. I've been up since then and I don't see a nap in the future since the kids were up at 5 a.m. Ugh! Its Christmas break and they're supposed to sleep in!!! Ha.
Anyway, Christmas this year was a wonderful time and I hope you all had a great one as well. Here's to a Happy New Year!
Here's some pictures to enjoy:
All the family at Mom & Dad's Christmas 2011
Kids at my parents for Christmas
Skype with Ervin :-)
Santa came! Cuddles had to sniff it all out too of course :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment