With Christmas just around the corner you have trees, ornaments, lights, snow and many more. Its hard to believe that Christmas is just 2 weeks away!!
Our tree is up, there's snow on the ground and we're hoping our trip plans will all work out. We plan on taking the kids to Disneyworld this year. I haven't been there since I was 16 and as for Paul and the children they've never been. I want to make trips to give my children memories of fun times. I want them to know what there is in other places. Iowa can get pretty boring if you never leave it.
As a kid we went on vacations about every Summer. We went to South Dakota, Missouri, Texas, Florida and many more. I remember Disneyworld because we went there around my 16th birthday. I celebrated my 16th birthday having dinner with Winnie The Pooh, Tigger, Eeyore and the rest of the gang. We went to Magic Kingdom, Universal Studios, Epcot and stayed in the most beautiful home like condo ever. I will never forget that trip. We saw the ocean. Paul has never seen the ocean and as his wife I want to be the one to take him to it for the first time ever. To give him a memory of a lifetime will mean a lot to me. I hope it will mean a lot to him once its accomplished. Another memory I have from our vacations is going to the Dallas Cowboys stadium and running up and down the field with my dad and brother. I also got to see the locker room!! It was an absolute blast and although that was 15 years ago I still remember it like it was yesterday.
We want to do something like this every year around Christmas time in lieu of presents. I don't disagree with giving presents on Christmas, but I want my children to know that its not just about presents. Its about the birth of our Savior and the time you spend with your family and friends. Every moment with the ones you love and care about is too important to just forget about and I believe that some people have forgotten what the REAL reason for the season is. I'm not saying everyone has so please don't twist my words. I pray that money works out and we are able to take this trip this Christmas season.
Things are going well on the home front. Kids are doing well in school. It's almost over for the 2011 year. Hard to believe in a little over 6 months I will have a first grader and a Kindergartner.
While Kaleb will be old enough (to the day) to start Preschool next year, we will NOT be sending him. We don't feel he will be ready. If we change our minds he will attend Preschool for 2 years and not start Kindergarten until he is 6. It's been a lot of thinking and a lot of conversation, but its what we feel will be best. Time will truly only tell.
As for Paul and work, since it is Winter, we aren't 100% sure if he will be fully laid off this season or not. As of right now he will NOT be laid off when the rest are as he has plenty of mechanical work to do in the shop. The year has gone well and we are truly blessed with a good boss.
I'm doing well. I went in November for a follow up with my Ehlers Danlos specialist. He changed my meds around, but said everything seemed to be working like it should. I haven't had much pain. I do have a few bad days, but its mostly when the weather does its major changes. My knee doesn't hurt as bad as it used to before I started my medications. If we can continue to keep it this way its better. The longer we put off getting a knee replacement, the better.
The only DOWN thing that has happened to us recently is that our van decided it didn't want to keep us warm anymore on the coldest day of the month! I was getting ready to take the girls to school on Friday and Paul calls to inform me that the blower fan for the heat isn't working. I was hoping and praying it was just because it got below 0, but sadly that wasn't the case. All the way to school the kids were freezing because there was NO heat. It goes in on Monday to find out what the heck is going on. We are thankful for a warranty. If we didn't have a warranty who knows how much it would cost. In the mean time we are grateful that my grandparents have loaned us their truck. Staying warm is a need this time of year!
I hope this finds everyone well this holiday season. Christmas cards will be going out on Monday so if you made the 70 card cut watch in your mailbox for our family card!!
Stay Warm and Remember "Jesus is the Reason for the Season"!
No comments:
Post a Comment