What does this day mean for you? Is it happy? Is it sad? Does it have any meaning to you or is it just another day on the calendar?
When I was a teenager it meant a lot to me, if I had a boyfriend it meant that I was likely going to at least hear "Happy Valentine's Day". It meant maybe flowers, candy, fun. However, as time went on as a child/teen it started to change.
Don't get me wrong, please, but now it means absolutely nothing. Why? Because this day I've heard absolutely no "Happy Valentine's Day" or "I love you". I got nothing, not even a simple flower. I helped my children get their valentine's ready for school and that's the only thing I've ever done. I didn't go out and buy my kids gifts because honestly its pointless.
To me its just another day on the calendar. We don't go out for dinner or a movie, nothing. Therefore I'm happy to be sitting at home doing my normal family routine. Spending time with my husband, my children and everyone that's important.
What does Valentine's Day mean to you? Do tell.
No comments:
Post a Comment