Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A Community That Comes Together........A Great Loss Has Been Suffered......

You wake up, you do your regular daily things.  You get dressed, eat breakfast, get the kids ready to go if you're going places that day.  You don't think about the "What ifs" in life. You just go on about your daily business like its any other day.

On Saturday February 4th that's what the Murray family did.  Mick, Julie and Nicole got in the car and headed to a sectional wrestling meet for their son/brother Chase.  Driving down the road they had usual family conversations like they do any other day in the car.  Laughing, joking, having a great time.  Little did the family know that was the last thing that Mick and Julie would do.  Tragically Mick lost control of the family car and despite all the efforts made by medical personnel Mick died on the way to the hospital from injuries suffered in the accident.  His wife Julie died shortly after at the hospital from injuries sustained in the accident.  Nicole escaped the accident without serious injury, but not without sadness.  Nicole lost her parents as did her siblings. 

Mick was a pastor at the Kalona Mennonite Church and Julie was always by his side.  Although I didn't know this family personally as well as many people I know they had a HUGE impact on the community.  Always helping people out, praying for families, never once did they have a selfless thought. 

As we remember Mick and Julie I'm asking you to take a minute and sit back and realize what you have.  Be thankful for your friends, your family, your children, your life because before you know it life ends.  Don't take anything for granted one single bit.  You never know when you might go and you don't want to miss a step in life. 

To see a community come together like this one has in the time of loss is truly a story of togetherness.  I'm proud to be a member of this community and I'm so glad we're raising our children in it as well.

R.I.P. Mick and Julie, you will be greatly missed!

No comments: