Yep, that's plural. We ended up having to take Katelinn back to the doctor today. She was seen on Monday and was diagnosed with a small ear infection. However, even after one dose of medicine she usually is herself after a good nights sleep. Well, not in this case.
Yesterday she still had disgusting stuff coming out of her nose, she was coughing horribly. She woke up from her nap this morning and screamed bloody murder with her hands over her ears.
I had called and requested she be seen by HER doctor today. She woke up at 10:30 last night in a sweat and having trouble breathing. She was immediately given a breathing treatment when I realized that. She was breathing better afterwards and went back to sleep.
We went in and saw their regular doc, when I say their, I mean ALL of the kids see her.
She came in and immediately said, "She really doesn't feel good does she mommy?" I replied, "Nope."
She looks in her right ear, perfect. Looks into her left ear and about falls off her chair! She said, "Wow, no wonder she isn't better, the antibiotics she was given aren't working!"
Her left ear is bulging. She told us to be prepared for it to burst. Nothing alarming that way if she wakes up in the morning and has disgusting stuff on her bed.
They put her on a higher medicine and I am praying that we will see a completely different girl tomorrow morning.
However, all 3 of the kids have to get breathing treatments. That's right, all 3. They are all coughing, she said to start now so we can keep them from getting wheezy. Get on top of it, which is what do anyway. If they start to wheeze we give them steroids. If those don't work at all and they are having trouble to call her immediately.
I really do not like Winter! We go through this every year.....my poor babies.
1 comment:
Poor babies! :( I hope they get better soon! ((((hugs))))
Post a Comment