Thursday, April 2, 2009

1 week Post Op

So I am one week past my surgery date. Things are going ok. The pain is somewhat under control. I'm still taking pain meds (I hate doing it, but I can't stand the pain). I ended up having to go in and see a PA on Thursday. I kept waking up for 2 nights with pain in my toes. It was the pain like you get when your foot is about asleep and you just can't make it go away. I went in and the splint the doc had put on they were having a HUGE issue getting off.
My foot is/was so swollen that the bandages were WAY too tight. So, I got a picture of my scar on my phone when they took the stuff off. I have 2 scars. One about 3 1/4 inches long on my ankle and then one just above my foot about 1 inch long from where the bone was taken. Much to my surprise I have STAPLES not STITCHES like he had said...LOL. Don't mind it too much, was just shocked.
Anyway, they put me in a walking boot until I go back on Wednesday because of the swelling. If they would have put a cast on I would have more issues with pain and they didn't want that and of course neither do I.
Now, I am NOT allowed to walk on it at all. That is why when I go in on Wednesday I am pushing for a cast. I do not even want the temptation to walk on it period. I don't want to mess this up at all.
I will post when I get back from my appointment how that went.
Until then here are the pictures of my scars :-)

This is the ankle scar.....the purple mark is the doc's initials to be sure he was doing the right part...LOL

Here is the Bone Graft Scar:


No comments: