Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Another Decade Gone By.....So Much Has Changed

Another decade has come and gone.  Here we are in 2010.  I can't believe it and when I went to write the date yesterday I had to stop and think about WHAT I was writing.  The real question is, is it twenty ten or two thousand ten!?  What do you think!?  I say it doesn't matter to me, I don't really care LOL.

Anyway, so many things have happened in our lives in the past decade.  Hard to believe that 9 years ago this May I graduated from High School.  Here I am 9 years later, married with 3 children!  YIKES!  Paul and I will be together a total of 10 years on July 25, 2010.  That's right, he and I will have been together a full decade!!!  Seems unreal, the fact that I've watched my nieces/nephews, Sister in laws/Brother in laws and everyone else grow up since they were 2 and 3 years old is just unreal.  I feel old.......seriously. 

I have a lot to be thankful for in this past 10 years as well.  In 2002 my grandfather was given a second chance at life.  He got his MUCH needed heart transplant.  Unfortunately a young child was lost to give him that heart, but we are glad that a life was saved and it was chosen to be my grandfathers.  Every year we remember the little boy that lost his life and gave my grandfather his.  I can't imagine the feelings/pain that his family goes through every year on the anniversary of their sons death.  This year he would have been 21 years old.  May you rest in peace Zach! 

In 2005 we were shocked to find out that we were expecting our first child.  We were wanting children and trying, but not TRYING (if you know what I mean).  We were blessed with our first child, Hannah Linn, on September 29th....she was 8 days overdue and was brought into this world via c-section after 13 hours of labor and failing to dilate anymore.  Hannah was 8 lbs and 21 inches long.  Painful, but she was here safe and sound and was/is VERY healthy.  She is growing so fast.  Hard to believe our baby girl will be 5 years old this year!

In 2006 when Hannah was a year old we decided we would start trying to have another child.  In November 2006 we found out we were expecting child #2.  On July 5th, 2007 Katelinn Mae graced us with her presence.  She was a  healthy 6 lbs 12.5 ozs and 18 3/4 inches long.  4 days early via repeat c-section. 

Then came the beginning of 2008.  We were wanting more children of course, but wanted to wait a while.  However, to our BIGGEST surprise we took another pregnancy test and sure enough the test read PREGNANT.  I about fell over.  Katelinn was only 5 months old at the time.  We took it with pride and were glad we were given another child even if it was earlier than planned. 
In April of 2008 we had our BIG ultrasound and found out that after 2 girls we were going to be having a boy!!!  We were super excited and I was ecstatic that our little girls were going to get a brother.  On September 15th, 2008 Kaleb James came into this world 8 days early (2 days before repeat c-section) at a healthy 6 lbs 5 oz and 20 1/2 inches long.  He decided HE was choosing his date of birth, not us LOL.  He is a healthy and bouncing 15 month old boy.  Such an easygoing child as well.

The end of 2008 became unfortunate.  I was carrying out a tree to my van (thank god it wasn't Kaleb) and I fell.  I broke my ankle.  That was the most painful thing I had EVER been through personally.  I swear it hurt worse than having my 3 children.  I was casted for a month and ended up needing surgeyr in March 2009.  That was a LONG healing process, but I was better.  November 2009 I had the hardware removed and all is well.  I just fret every time I step outside now, probably will for a LONG time.

Anyway, I will stop babbling.  I hope everyone had a GREAT and HAPPY New Year.  May 2010 and this decade bring MANY of you happiness and good health!

HAPPY 2010 EVERYONE!

No comments: