Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Another Knee Appointment In The Books.....

Another stinking knee appointment.  I was REALLY hoping I wouldn't need to go to this one, but I did.  My body just doesn't like me or something, who knows.

I sat there for 2.5 hours before the doc finally came in, which sadly I'm used to.  I've been having this joint pain for quite a while and we've tried everything from creams to shots to braces.  So here's the next step and let me tell you what, its a doozie.

I will be having an MRI---date to be determined--after they receive the MRI results they will be doing arthroscopic surgery if nothing serious shows up on the MRI.  They are doing the arthroscopic surgery whether the MRI shows things or not due to the fact that he truly believes the tissue he put across my knee cap (donated hamstring) in January has some extra tissue that is getting between my joint and pinching it so that is what is causing my pain.  I will have arthroscopic surgery regardless.....he's doing the MRI to be sure there's not a meniscus tear or something much more in depth he'd need to do.  I'm not much pleased with this, but I don't have many more options open to me since I'm still having pain so I'm willing to do the MRI.  Arthroscopic surgery isn't a big deal, you can be up and walking out that day.  However, it is still considered a surgery so this would be surgery number 28 in the books in 11 years......truly sad.....makes my stomach hurt typing that.

I will update more when I know more, but that's the gist of my appointment this time.

No comments: