Wednesday, December 1, 2010

A Quiet Thanksgiving

Our Thanksgiving plans didn't pan out like we had hoped this year.  The beginning of November I spent the afternoon in the ER with right side abdomen pain.  They did ultrasounds and found I had a cyst on my right ovary.  The following week I went and saw an OB P.A. and she said that we will let nature take its course and hope it bursts.  The following Tuesday from my OB appointment I ended up BACK in the ER with pain again.  I was beginning to freak out.  They did EVERY test you can think of and all they could give me for an answer was a muscle strain.  I called and saw my regular physician and she agreed with the muscle strain diagnosis since the CT scan came back ok and that she couldn't feel any bulges.  She put me on pain medicine and COMPLETE bedrest.  This was the Wednesday of Thanksgiving :-(  I called Paul to let him know what I had found out and the instructions I was given.  I felt so bad, we had an awesome weekend planned ahead of us.  The weather wasn't the greatest, but who cares, we wanted to go.  Unfortunately, me on bedrest, Paul not feeling well there was just no point in exposing people and putting me in a car for 4.5 hours. 
We spent Thanksgiving with my grandparents, parents, aunt, uncle and cousin along with my brother and the foreign exchange student my parents have staying with them this school year.  It was a quiet afternoon and the food was great, but no sitting around chit chatting for me as I was only allowed 20 minutes a day to be up and doing things and I wasn't feeling the best.  Our whole Thanksgiving went down the tubes quickly. Darn health anyway.

I went in yesterday afternoon and received a trigger point injection (steroids) in the area that my pain is located.  I still have quite a bit of pain, but I'm breathing and working through it.  Can't be on pain pills and take care of 3 little ones very well.

On another note, Hannah is doing well in school.  She had 5 days off for Thanksgiving and has learned so many new things! She's getting so smart.  She starts speech therapy today so she can use her c's and k's properly instead of them sounding like t's and her g's like d's.  I'm excited to see the outcome of this.  She should be getting done with that here soon and my grandma will bring her home.  Saves me A LOT of work not having to put the other two in the cold van.  Darn weather anyway right? 
Katelinn has been rebelling lately and we aren't sure why.  Right now she is napping!  Its a rarity for her to nap when we are at home, she will in the vehicle, but not at home.  She's doing well otherwise and is excited to start school next year, she keeps talking about it anyway. 
Kaleb is growing and well.  He has been fighting colds off and on for the last month or so, but getting better and sleeping better at night again.  He will now sleep until about 9 a.m.  It's been really nice with me not feeling well.  Right now he's sitting in the chair next to me watching Dino Dan and is just as quiet as can be. He's given up on the naps thing unless we are in the van and he stays asleep when I bring him in.  I miss nap days LOL.
Anyway, enough babbling.  It has been so long since I posted so I thought I'd post about things lately.  Can't believe that Christmas is only 24 days away!!  Where has the year gone!?

No comments: