MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!!!
Another Christmas has passed. It has been so much fun watching the kids grow throughout the year. I think I was just as excited, if not more, as the kids this year. I couldn't wait to see their reactions on their faces or hear their comments when they opened their gifts. With Kaleb being older this year I was super excited to see how he'd go at the presents. Last year he didn't really seem to care, this year was SO much different and SO much fun.
I tried to avoid buying a TON of toys this year considering we have tons already and it worked for the most part. They did get some toys and then they got clothes. They all loved everything they got, however, this silly mommy forgot to see what to what size batteries and 3/4 of the toys don't have batteries with them and I don't have the size. Since when do toys come needing AAA or 9V!? Generally its AA. I carry those in the house all the time, but not the other two. I feel bad because they want to use their Tag Reading System and can't because I don't have the size batteries.
The kids actually slept until after 9 a.m. this morning. Kaleb was up about 6 a.m., but managed to go back to sleep. I had to wake HIM up to open presents....that's unusual isn't it!? LOL. I was surprised the girls hadn't started tearing into them.
We opened gifts here at home and then we went to my parents house for the rest of the day. We opened gifts there and then had a nice lunch with my Mom, Dad, brother Travis and Serbian brother Ervin, Grandma and Grandpa Scott as well joined us.
The kids definitely won't be lacking in the toy/clothing department for a while. They do grow fast though. They've started playing with a lot of their toys already and are having a blast with them. Kaleb went to open a gift and shook the box. After he shook the box he said, "Its a toy!" He was right, it was legos....We've never had a child do that before...it was just too adorable.
My parents got Paul and I a Flip Video Camera.....its nothing fancy fancy, but it will do the trick. I can't wait to use it!! I also now have the COMPLETE set of The Twilight Saga books!! I'm so excited to read them over again. I'm a HUGE Twilight fan, but I must say that its not because of Vampires vs. Werewolfs...its because of Robert Pattinson....hehe....not gonna lie.
Anyhow, we also had the joy of having my "niece" with us today. Its her first Christmas and her mom had to work so we took her with us. She was so well behaved, slept most of the time. She's such a cutie pie!!
The day is about done and the kids are slowly passing out. Its another Christmas in the books for the Nicholson household. I hope this finds you all well and I hope you all had a VERY Merry Christmas!!
Enjoy the pictures:
Bree sleeping on her First Christmas
Hannah all ready to go!
Kaleb with his Chuck trucks!
Kaleb looking cute as always.....wish it wasn't so bright!
Katelinn with her Barbies!
Paul with his Vegas Playboy Cologne...Yes, Vegas Playboy....
Santa left some nice goodies!
This has no meaning, but I thought it was neat. Kaleb was throwing it into the box and I took the picture while it was mid-air.....neat huh?
1 comment:
Sweet! I love being a mom and I love to give my kids good things....its always neat watching them enjoy things! Family and friends are the best! Glad your day was great!
Post a Comment