I realize this is a week late, but its been a hectic week.
As most of you know Hannah had surgery on January 4th to have her tonsils and adenoids removed. We had to be there about 6:20 a.m. as her surgery was scheduled for 7:40 a.m. She wasn't looking forward to it, but what person does? She was awesome about it all though, she hung tough and didn't show any signs of being scared or anything.
They took her back as scheduled and the procedure took about 30 minutes. The doctor came into the room we were waiting for her to come back to and he said that it was a good thing we brought her in and had the surgery done when we did, her tonsils and adenoids were absolutely HUGE. She will have TONS of room back there now! She did awesome and came out like a champ.
When Hannah first started to wake up she started to cry because her tongue hurt from them holding it down for the tube and to get the stuff out. I felt so bad for her, but was happy she wasn't crying too much about her throat.
We brought her home about 2 hours later and she was doing well. Tuesday evening went well and we got up every 4 hours and gave her Tylenol. We thought "hey this will be a piece of cake". WRONG.
Wednesday Hannah took a turn we weren't expecting. She was taking sips of water, but about 10-20 minutes after wards she would end up vomiting. We figured her stomach was upset because she hadn't eaten much in 24 hours. Well apparently this wasn't the case. We dealt with this all day Wednesday and into Thursday. We ended up taking her to the ER as I was concerned about dehydration. She had only lost 3.8% of her body weight and 5% is where they start to get REALLY concerned. They sent us home and told us to follow up with her regular doc or the ER.
Not even an hour after we left the ER she ended up vomiting everything she had drank AGAIN. I obviously wasn't going to receive any sort of help from the ER so I called her ENT doctor and requested that she be put on anti-nausea meds. If she's going to keep vomiting, she's not going to want to eat or drink when she was doing so just fine on Tuesday.
3 hours after giving Hannah her first dose of anti-nausea meds she was drinking and not vomiting and by Friday afternoon she was eating ice cream, pudding and soup. We were so happy.
Hannah was hoping to return to Preschool yesterday, but she wasn't able to because of pain. She was still complaining of throat pain and I wasn't sure she would be able to handle it quite yet. She also missed today, that made for a VERY unhappy Hannah.
Hannah will be returning to school tomorrow and she's super excited. She's missed her friends and learning. She LOVES school with a passion and I hope that continues. I want nothing more than for my child to have a GREAT experience with new friends.
So in closing, I thank all of you who kept Hannah in your thoughts and prayers through this past week. They mean a TON to us.
Until next time my friends/family.......enjoy your week!!
No comments:
Post a Comment