The sickies have hit our home BIG time. Hannah has not had a good 2 weeks. She had her tonsils out on the 4th, ended up sick on Wednesday and Thursday following her tonsillectomy...we aren't sure if it was from the surgery or if she had a touch of the vomiting flu. She was able to return to school last Wednesday and Thursday, but she got worn out VERY easily and still wasn't eating well. She's lost about 6-7 lbs since her surgery because she doesn't feel well enough to eat, but she does keep drinking.
However, all 3 kiddos have come down with a cough, runny nose, and sneezing. I didn't want to believe it, but its true. On Saturday we took all 3 to the doctor. Hannah had a fever of 100.3 and she wasn't wheezing, but because she's coughing so much we are to do breathing treatments and she will have to be on an antibiotic for 5 days. She's looking a little better today, but still not up to par. Poor baby has had a rough time.
Katelinn was wheezy so we have to do treatments on the neb for her, steroids for 5 days and an antibiotic for 5 days as well.
Kaleb was also wheezing when the doctor checked him. He is on Nebs and steroids, but doesn't need any antibiotics unless he gets worse. He is definitely sleeping better at night after being on the steroids and nebs for the last 24 hours.
I just hope that Paul nor I come down with it. I've managed to miss a majority of the illnesses in this house and I'd like it to continue. Paul has unfortunately had a cold and a bit of the flu when the kids had it a while back.
I'm just hoping we are about done with all this because our house sounds like synchronized coughing. It's absolutely irritating to have to listen to the kiddos cough and not be able to do anything to help them. I also hope that this next round of meds helps Hannah get back on her feet and start being herself again.
No comments:
Post a Comment