Today was the day I walked into an Elementary school for the first time in about 10 years (at most). To walk into the doors of the school that I started to attend many years ago was absolutely crazy. Where have I made it all these years later? Are we really doing this already!? There is no possible way I have a 5 year old child starting Kindergarten in the Fall.
WAKE UP!! You do, get over it!! Yeah, its still a bittersweet thing. This morning at 9 a.m. I went and signed Hannah up for Kindergarten. While the kids went and spent time with the teachers, the parents got to sit and listen to what they do in the classroom, what is expected as parents and what is expected from the children. Then we filled out a TON of paperwork. I never realized sending your child to school you had to sign your life away there too!! LOL.
Hannah WILL NOT be attending the Elementary School in the town we live in. There are many reasons for this and it has NOTHING against the teachers at the school in our town. It's because I personally feel comfortable with her going to a school that I know the teachers because I went there and my brother went there as well. I feel more comfortable with her being closer to my parents and my grandparents while in school in case of an emergency someone can get to her quicker than I can. Especially if (god forbid) something were to happen at home and I'd need someone to pick her up, its just easier for everyone.
Hannah will be riding the bus (still kind of iffy on this one though) and she will be able to see and play with a lot of her friends that will be attending the same Elementary as her.
I can't believe that she is going to start Kindergarten. It's still not real to me....there is no possible way I have a child starting Kindergarten and a child starting Preschool. Wasn't I just in Elementary not that long ago!? Ok, it was a while ago....I graduated 10 years ago in May for crying out loud, but I AM NOT READY TO LET MY BABY GIRL GO!!! There, I said it and I'm definitely not ashamed.
Ok, time to get some housework accomplished (or make it look like I did)...LOL
No comments:
Post a Comment