Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Well...........Hmmmmm.......

I'm not even gonna lie.  I honestly have NO idea how to feel about the news I was given at my knee appointment today.  I don't know whether to laugh (as though it isn't a reality), cry, scream, be angry or anything.  I am full of mixed emotions.

I'm not sure how to put this all in words, but I'm going to do the best I can. 

Today was my post op appointment for my knee.  I had surgery on the 25th of March (arthroscopic).  They were hoping to find something to fix, but unfortunately there was nothing in there they could do.  I have some pretty severe spots of chondromalacia (sp?) a.k.a. arthritis.  I've known for a while that this was a problem in my knee, but never knew the grades of it.  Unfortunately I have only 1 or 2 spots that are at a Grade 1 or 2.  The rest of the areas are at a grade 3.  Grade 3 is pretty severe, but not SEVERE enough to do much of anything. 
However, I am to remain non weight baring for AT LEAST the next month (probably permanently though he says).  I will be going to hydrotherapy (water therapy) 2-3 times a week.  They ordered a CPM (Continuous Passive Motion) machine and that will be here tomorrow afternoon.  I have to use that pretty much every time I am sitting down.  I will continue to use my cooling machine they sent home with us after surgery as well.  I'm basically going to be hooked up to machines 99.9% of my days from now one until AT LEAST May 5th.  May 5th is when I see my doc again.
In the mean time I am looking for a doc in network to go and get a second opinion.  I can't live like this at the age of 27 and with 3 kids.  I realize that there are people out there who live their lives daily with challenges, but I seriously am not equipped to do it.  It would be different if my home was larger and I could move around in it easier, but I can't right now...that is making life QUITE difficult.
Anyway, that is the update....not such good news sadly.

No comments: