Saturday, April 16, 2011

Hypocrites..............and others.

Hypocrite-
: a person who acts in contradiction to his or her stated beliefs or feelings

 You see....I realize I am not a perfect person.  No one is absolutely perfect in any way.  However, when I tell someone that I'm going to be somewhere (i.e. a party, a get together) I will be there unless something BIG comes up such as a child getting sick, myself getting sick, or an emergency in which I have no control over.  I can't predict when a child will come down with an illness (which has happened more times than I care to count) and I also can't tell you how my body will feel one day after the next.  My body runs on its own course and there are days that I just can't function.

Anyway, there is a reason for this blog.  This past few days I have noticed and been told SEVERAL things that have made me absolutely angry.  They have made me feel like I'm not worthy of having anything set up for my children (i.e. birthday parties) or anything for myself such as a company party (i.e. Miche bag, Mary Kay, Pampered Chef).  



I try to make an effort to bring in money for small time business owners.  I enjoy having parties like that.  How am I to have a party when NO ONE will show up?  I get every excuse in the book.  


Yesterday my best friend from highschool was having a Miche bag party.  For those of you who don't know what Miche bags are you can go to my.michebag.com/rae_white/.  It will show you what they are.  I love them.  I never thought I'd love a purse, but I do.  I went there to support her and help the woman who is doing this stuff.  Rae is an awesome person!  She's a great "retailer" as well.  Anyway, I invited several people.  I can understand being sick....that's not a biggie to me, but when you make a stupid excuse like "My hand is swollen" that is just absolutely ridiculous.  The funny part is.....they couldn't come because of that, but yet they can go out and party tonight!?  Really!?


Another reason for my post is because as most of you know Paul was born and raised in WI.  This I have NEVER had a problem with and we've always made any attempts we can to go to things.  However, there are only certain things we can't control.  One of the things we can't control is money.  Paul works VERY hard to pay our bills and to keep food on our table.  I stay at home with our kids because by the time I'd get a job and make money it would go out to daycare.  I was recently asked if we were attending a reception for a family member at the end of the month.  I replied "If funds allow".  Now, the person I told this to knew exactly what I meant because we are in the same boat.  We are NOT a family who has money saved up and has access to thousands of dollars.  We are not a family that can sit on our butts and money just comes into our pockets.  Someone has to work for this money and once the money comes in, its gone to bills and child needs.  Don't even think about saying "Don't you think you should be financially secure before having kids?" because I WILL blow up at you.  You better stop reading now and disappear if you are EVEN thinking this.
Now......Hannah will be turning 6 this year, Katelinn turning 4 and Kaleb turning 3.  We have a party EVERY year for our kids....with all family invited (my side and his).  Since all 3 of these children have been born I think certain people have come to 1 birthday party.........1 party in the 6 years Hannah has been around.  To some that may not seem to be a big deal, but to me its everything.  Kids grow up WAY too fast for you to miss out on stuff.  My kids mean everything to me.  I will do whatever it takes to not miss something.  I want my kids to grow up having fun in life, not being bored all the time.  When I invite people to a party I would appreciate them showing up.  
So here is my problem.  When asked if I was going to certain things in WI, I explained that I can't do it unless funds allow.  We are in the process of paying off a 2nd vehicle so we will have a little more, but until then, we are living VERY frugal.  We have to be careful of what we spend where.  The point is this.......don't sit there and make stupid comments like "Gas is too high, we can't come." and then turn around and do traveling somewhere else just as far away.  When I literally tell you "Gas is too high and we can't afford to come" I really mean it.  I'm not being hypocritical, I'm being honest and dead serious.  Why can't people grasp these concepts.
Therefore, I have made a decision.  This has been a decision I made on MY own.  Do not ask me to come to things, do not invite me if you don't want to. I'm to the point where I honestly don't care anymore.  If you aren't going to make some sort of effort to attend something WE plan in Iowa, then don't expect me to turn around and jump when you say so.  You want to be hypocritical, that's on you.  I, however, will NOT be subjected to it ANYMORE.  I will NOT be traveling if I don't feel we can do it.  I will stay behind if I need to.  I am tired of being the brunt of everyone's things.  
With all this being said now, you can hate me, dislike me, defriend me on Facebook, whatever.  I really don't care.  You need to wake up and realize that what you are doing isn't all about you, there are people's feelings involved here.  Also, if I find out you are REALLY saying things about a certain person that are mean and you are putting down your own blood....you WILL hear from me.  I'm not going to stand for this hypocritic, two faced crap ANYMORE.
Peace out peeps!

No comments: